Monday, October 27, 2008

Old Dreams


This past Sunday I spent some time revisiting a body of work known as the Delta Dream Express. It's been a year since the opening of the gallery show featuring 21 prints from the project named after a oddly symbolic sight I came across in rough river city of Helena, Arkansas.

I added the recordings of Mr. Gates, pictured above, to portfolio site along with more content related to the project. Listening to the righteously profound sounds of the St. Paul congregation again helped me recover from a wicked bout of food poisoning. Guess I'll I've to cool it with the Taquerias.

Listening to Mr. Gates carry it all along on these marvelous gospel numbers educes the experience of being there all over again. I'd like nothing more than to drive down right tomorrow and hear him in person. Yes sir. I'd like to play one for em too, on one of those eight uprights in the shop. There's always November.

The update Delta Dream Express project site.

No comments: